Courses and events
Boost your communication skills and knowledge with our free courses and learning resources, as part of our curriculum.
Topics include for example external affairs, internal communications, digital communication, marketing, media, strategic communications and leadership.
On this page:
Calendar of training and courses
Feedback on live training
“Communicating statistics and data”
The case study was really illuminating because it brought to life the principles in the previous slides. Very helpful.
It was good to hear about telling the right story and prodding data to understand if it really represents the facts.
“Accessibility essentials for government communicators”
The training was very well organised, clear, concise. Questions were encouraged and very helpful to understanding.
The interactive format was good – utilising the chat and allowing attendees to raise their hand for questions. Trainer was very knowledgeable and pleasant to listen to.
To book your course or access our content, you need to:
- be a government communicator, part of the Government Communication Service (GCS)
- ask the development adviser in your department for the GCS password or contact us to know their details: email@example.com (it is the same password to book events and to watch webinars)
- You will get Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points per learning.
New on-demand learning
Newest learning resources:
- Digital accessibility: best practice essentials
- Building advocacy to get great communications outcomes (GCS members access)
- Understanding audiences: getting the best out of ourselves and others (GCS members access)
Learn and develop
The majority of our courses are delivered by internal trainers from across departments and organisations. Use your learning pathway with our curriculum then record your activities in your personal development plan (PDP). Choose from:
Other learning opportunities
Civil Service Learning
The Civil Service Learning website offers learning and development that supports you to provide excellent public services.
- Search the Campus for your next course
- Find out about the Government Campus Curriculum
Whether you are presenting at internal meetings, briefings and public events to large or small groups of people, the techniques in this course will enable you to get your message across more effectively and confidently.
Good writing is essential for delivering public services, developing policy and improving your personal effectiveness.