Courses and events
Boost your communication skills and knowledge with our free courses and learning resources, as part of our curriculum.
Topics include external affairs, internal communications, digital communication, marketing, media, strategic communications and more.
On this page:
Book upcoming training using our calendar.
Most recent publication:
- podcast: Internal communications: insight and evaluation (GCS member access)
- guidance: Introduction to partnership marketing (GCS member access)
Learn and develop
The majority of our courses are delivered by internal trainers from across departments and organisations. Use your learning pathway with our curriculum then record your activities in your personal development plan (PDP). Choose from:
Spotlight on digital communication
- 4 tips to improve your digital skills
- Filming on a phone
- Taking good photographs
- How to evaluate social media content
- How to keep your social media secure
To book your course or access our content, you need to:
- be a government communicator, part of the Government Communication Service (GCS)
- ask the development adviser in your department for the GCS password or contact us to know their details: email@example.com (it is the same password to book events and to watch webinars)
- You will get Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points per learning.
Tickets Sold Out - Digital Communications Course,
Please continue to check GCS courses and events page as further courses and dates will be released in the near future.
Monday 9 May
Thursday 30 June
Creating a communications approach for a new senior leader
Three ways you can land a senior leader into your organisation
Tuesday 14 June
Tuesday 14 June