Campaigning excellence (in partnership with GCSI)
Length: 8 weeks
Delivered by: GCSI
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points: 12
Campaigning Excellence is an 8-week online course that teaches participants how to plan, implement, and evaluate a successful government campaign using the OASIS Framework. This Framework has shaped all successful UK Government campaigns, including the GREAT Britain Campaign.
What’s expected of you
- teamwork: you will be working in a team with other communicators across government.
What’s expected of your line manager
- marking your campaign task at the end of the 8 weeks (a marking rubric will be provided).
By completing this course, you’ll:
- understand in depth the 5 stages of OASIS (Objectives, Audience/Insight, Strategy/Ideas, Implementation, and Scoring/Evaluation)
- understand how OASIS helps to make the planning process more rigorous and how it is used as a practical tool to support government communicators to plan, deliver, and evaluate communications activity
- apply the knowledge gained by completing a campaign plan based on a fictitious scenario designed to tackle a real problem.
Book your place
We work in partnership with the Government Communication Service International (GCSI) team to offer online modular courses to GCS members.
Modules are released week by week and you can finish them at your own pace provided this is within the timeframe allowed for the whole course.
We will advertise the next course dates through our normal communication channels.