Length: 5 weeks
Delivered by: GCA
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points: 10
In this course you will learn, from experts across government, some of the strategies to communicate with citizens during a crisis from first response to recovery and assessment.
Crisis Communications is a 5-module online course designed and delivered by the Global Communications Academy that teaches participants how to respond in a crisis as a government communicator. The recommended time required is 2-3 hours per module.
- teaches some of the strategies to communicate with citizens during a crisis and shares valuable insights into each step of the process, from first response to recovery and assessment
- Contains a simulated crisis exercise where participants will apply the tools and practise the skills to respond to either a terrorist or cyber security crisis set in a fictional country
- is highly interactive with participants learning from experts within government who share their experiences via information case studies
- Understand what a crisis is
- Understand and identify the risks and threats in a crisis
- Create your own crisis communications plan
- Learn the necessary skills to respond to a crisis
- Learn how to evaluate your crisis response and improve in the future.
Book your place
We will advertise the next course dates through our normal communication channels.