Quality Assurance Framework
This framework shows Government Communication Service (GCS) leaders on a single page how standards of government communication will be assessed.
Check your team’s structure and performance against the areas listed under Governance, Campaigns, Practices and People.
In particular, ensure that:
- you are compliant with, and can provide assurance on, governance and spending control requirements
- your strategic aims align with the Government Communications Plan
- all your staff are compliant with the GCS and Civil Service Code of Conduct and Ethics
- communications follow the GCS framework for planning, evaluation and insight
- teams are structured in accordance with Modern Communications Operating Model (MCOM) principles
- team activity follows MCOM best practice, as set out in GCS operating models
- recruitment, development of your people and talent development uses the tools specified in the Leadership and People section of the Quality Assurance Framework
- the GCS Diversity and Inclusion Strategy is embedded in all your team’s work, including the delivery of communications itself
If you have any questions, contact Jo Pennington, Head of Standards, Performance and Innovation: firstname.lastname@example.org.