Impact supports high potential government communication professionals, working at Information Officer (IO) and Senior Information Officer (SIO) level, building excellence in leadership and communication skills.
Running over 12 months, the blended programme focuses on development opportunities to support progression to more senior roles, creating empowering and confident leaders. Its core is an accredited postgraduate Diploma from the Chartered Institute of Marketing, supported by communication and leadership masterclasses and coaching.
The programme aims to:
- build and improve the strategic capability of government communication professionals, strengthening the internal talent pipeline
- enable participants to increase self-awareness of leadership strengths and areas for improvement
- build confidence and gravitas in working with peers, teams and stakeholders
- support participants in building a network of peers across government and Arm’s Length Bodies (ALBs)
The 12-month programme is delivered by the GCS Professional Standards team in partnership with the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
Alongside five one day modules and interactive learning as part of the diploma qualification, participants will also hear from world-class speakers and benefit from one-to-one individual coaching throughout the programme.
Who can apply
- applicants must be current and permanent government communicators at either IO or SIO grade
- applicants must have the aspiration to progress to the next grade and beyond and take on key leadership roles within government communications
- applicants should be confident that they can dedicate enough time and energy to get the most out of their participation in the programmes and that they can attend all the mandatory modules
- applicants should not be participants in any other government accelerated learning programme
The nomination window will open on Monday 6 July until Sunday 19 July. Nomination is only open to internal GCS candidates.
Nominations are via a new two-stage approach:
- An initial statement and an online interview
- Those successful at the initial statement stage, will then progress to the online video interview
- Nominees will be assessed against Civil Service Success Profile behaviours and leadership expectations
All nominations require Director of Communication sign off before submission.
Further detail and guidance will be available via Departmental Development Advisors and Directors of Communication, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.