Power of Choice programme
Applications for the 2022 Power of Choice programme are now closed.
The GCS is committed to developing and building exceptional, confident and inclusive communication leaders, who not only empower their teams but also reflect the public we serve.
The programme aims to accelerate and retain senior, high-potential, underrepresented talent, and increase the diversity of our senior leaders across the GCS.
Participants will learn to drive their personal and professional success, creating practical steps to become future leaders of the GCS.
Registration open on 21 September 2021
We are now launching the 2021 cohort of the Power of Choice programme, with nominations open on 21 September.
The programme is a holistic approach to our leadership development, including a modular programme, 1-2-1 coaching, 360 leadership feedback and Director level sponsorship.
The programme’s principle is that accelerating under-represented talent, and creating a representative, inclusive GCS that delivers diversity in all its practices, is a shared responsibility.
So, if you are successful, your line manager will also participate in the programme and undertake parallel modules alongside your own. This shared responsibility forms a unique selling point of this talent programme.
- Nomination window opens on 12 September and closes on 12 October
- Official programme launch event 15 November (afternoon)
- Module 1: Early December 2021
- Module 2: January 2022
- Modules 3 and 4: February 2022
- Modules 5 and 6 March 2022
Who can apply
- Applicants must be high performing GCS senior leaders
- Applicants must have the aspiration to progress and take on key leadership roles within government communications
- Applicants should be confident that they can dedicate enough time and energy to get the most out of their participation on the programmes and attend all the mandatory modules
- Applicants must not be participating in any other government accelerated learning programme