Congratulations to the Defra Group Campaigns team and the Environment Agency, winners of November’s GCS Campaign of the Month competition for their ‘Fishing Licence’ marketing campaign.
At the start of the year, there was a dramatic reduction in the number of fishing licence sales and once Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions allowed, the campaign aimed to address this reduced income, while promoting fishing in a safe and responsible way.
Katie Slater, Head of Campaigns and Marketing at Defra, commented:
“We’re thrilled that the campaign has been recognised. The team did an amazing task to rapidly shift and adapt the campaign around the changing COVID-19 situation and be able to deliver fantastic results.
The additional licences and income generated will continue to support the great work carried out by Environment Agency fisheries teams to enhance fish habitat, improve fish stocks and make fishing accessible for all.”
This campaign stood out for having a multi-channel approach, and the team were commended on ‘understanding the need to act quickly and capitalise on the changing behaviour and motivations’.
The results showed a 336% uplift in visits to the ‘Buy a Licence’ page on GOV.UK on launch day and more than 8 million page views to ‘Buy a Licence’ pages between June and August 2020.
Congratulations to the team, which included:
- Hannah Millbank – Deputy Head of Campaigns & Marketing (Defra Campaigns and Marketing Team)
- Emily Brunt – Campaigns and Marketing Manager (Defra Campaigns and Marketing Team)
- Steve Chambers – Senior Advisor (Environment Agency)
- Lucy Ralphs – Senior Social Media Editor (Defra Digital Team)
- Vivek Shah – PR and Communications Assistant (Defra Digital Team)
- Lizzy Keene – Deputy Head of Digital Engagement (Defra Digital Team)
- Paige Chaplain – Media Officer (Defra Media Team)
- Joshua Snape – Media Officer (Defra Media Team)
- Matt Hall – Chief Press Officer (Defra Media Team)
- Angela Rogers – Communications Specialist (Defra Communications)
- Image credit:
- Defra Group Communications (1)