GCS Campaign of the Month winner September 2020
Congratulations to the Department for Transport (DfT), winner of September’s GCS Campaign of the Month competition for an initiative to promote safe travel.
The integrated multi-channel communications campaign aimed to help people use public transport safely in a new Coronavirus (COVID-19) world and ensure they understood the steps they needed to take to maintain their own safety and that of others.
Sioned James, Deputy Director, Campaigns, Marketing and Digital, commented: “Really pleased that the campaign has been recognised by GCS. Rapidly delivering a new campaign in such challenging times has not been easy and the way the team have come together to deliver real results in such a short time acknowledges the tireless work of many of those involved.”
This campaign stood out in a tough field for being strong on clear objectives, the judges felt, and for delivering positive outcomes in a rapidly changing environment.
The results showed significantly increased confidence in government guidance in relation to public transport usage, and broader confidence in using public transport.
The judges were particularly impressed by the matrix team approach, which enabled flexible delivery to adapt the campaign quickly as needed, bringing together a large number of partners to deliver a successful outcome.
Congratulations to the team, which included:
- Sioned James – Deputy Director Marketing and Creative Content
- Chris McManus – Senior Communications Manager
- Amira Yehia – Campaign Manager
- Neal Brown – Campaign Manager
- Ami Sandhu – Campaign Manager
- Jess Fielder – Senior Campaigns Manager
- Justine Harding – Strategic Campaigns and Planning Manager
- Sarah Horn – Head of Marketing
- Laura Hill – Senior Communications Manager
- Varun Narayanan – Campaign Manager
- Sophia Moor – Senior Digital Designer
- Ralph Spegal – Digital Content Developer
- Matt Edwards – Senior Digital Communications Manager
- Gavin Dispain – Digital Editor and Publishing Manager
- Thomas O’Kelly – Insight and Evaluation Officer
- Anna Marchesani – Insight and Evaluation Manager
- Matt Redmond – Senior Content Designer