HMG Identity Guidelines
For UK branding and overseas branding (where the royal coat of arms might not be recognised) communication professionals need to use this guide.
Guidelines updated in March 2022
This guide sets out the master brand for Her Majesty’s Government (HMG) and how it can be applied correctly and consistently.
The HM Government identity can and should be used:
- on all high profile public-facing campaigns and communications across government
- for cross-departmental and agency activity, replacing multiple department and agency logos for greater clarity
- when a temporary service or body needs an identity but does not warrant the investment in creating one
- where a service or campaign may have greater credibility if it is seen to
- have the wider authority of government
- as an endorsement of part-funded UK programmes and initiatives
- unless there is a specific reason for using a different brand such as a department logo
- The government identity system
- Identity elements
- Applying the identity