Join the professional body for government communication professionals.
Supporting, empowering and connecting more than 4,500 government communicators in the UK.
GCS is a leading Civil Service profession, and globally recognised for our standards and the quality of our delivery in support of the government’s priorities.
We can only do our best work when we are equipped with the right knowledge and skills to succeed in our jobs. GCS membership demonstrates your commitment to, and helps you to achieve, the highest professional standards.
We’re your partner throughout your career in the communication profession. We support your learning and development.
You can become a member if the organisation you work for is listed on GOV.UK.
What can membership do for you:
- professional recognition for your skills and abilities
- the support and shared experience of professionals in the government communication community
- boost your career prospects
- exclusive member benefits to add impact to your work every day.
Developing your career with:
- our academy: continuous professional development and training – we’re committed to supporting your personal growth, to self-assess yourself and boost your skills
- our curriculum: a profession map learning content – develop the core knowledge every communication professional needs to thrive in a changing world
- career support: join our accelerated development programmes and make a greater impact in your role