Join the professional body for government communication professionals, supporting, empowering and connecting more than 7,000 government communicators in the UK.
GCS is a leading Civil Service profession and is globally recognised for our standards and the quality of our delivery in support of the government’s priorities.
You are a member of GCS, by default, if the organisation you work for is listed on GOV.UK and is:
- a ministerial department and their agencies and public bodies
- a non-ministerial department and their agencies and public bodies
- an agency or other public bodies, listed there
We can only do our best work when we are equipped with the right knowledge and skills to succeed in our jobs. GCS membership demonstrates your commitment to and helps you to achieve, the highest professional standards.
We’re your partner throughout your career in the communication profession. We support your learning and development.
What can membership do for you:
- professional recognition for your skills and abilities
- the support and shared experience of professionals in the government communication community
- boost your career prospects
Developing your career with: