World Mental Health Day takes place on 10 October every year. This year’s theme is mental health for all because we all have mental health, all of the time.
Unfortunately, 1 in 6 workers will experience depression, anxiety or problems relating to stress at any one time.
It is extremely important that we all feel safe and supported when talking about our mental health. However, too often, mental health stigma leaves people feeling isolated and ashamed.
At worst, it prevents people getting support, or having open conversations. Let’s use this day to raise awareness about mental health issues and build a culture that allows us to talk openly and honestly with each other.
- World mental health day campaign
- Get involved with Mind charity
- We offer wellbeing sessions, see our calendar for the next date
Watch our on-demand webinar, aimed at anyone dealing with stressful situations during the current pandemic:
- GCS members access: Resilience: How to keep yourself going in challenging times (ask the development adviser in your department for the GCS password or contact us for their details).
- Image credit:
- Mental Health Foundation (1)