In 2020, GCS has matched more than 500 mentors and mentees, and we know it has been hugely valued by both our mentees and mentors. Both mentoring and being mentored count towards your annual 30-point CPD requirement.
We run a matching process for those who have expressed an interest in mentoring and/or being mentored on a quarterly basis. Please register your interest through filling in your profile and preferences via the link below.
We will confirm mentoring matches on the timings below:
- In July 2021(for expressions of interest made in April, May, June)
- In October 2021 (for expressions of interest made in July, August, September)
- In January 2022 (for expressions of interest made in October, November, December)
- In April 2022(for expressions of interest made in January, February, March)
If you have any queries please contact: email@example.com
The GCS mentoring programme brings together communication specialists in a mentoring partnership. Since its launch in autumn 2012, it has been very successful, helping people build skills and plan their career development.
What is mentoring
Mentors are experienced communications professionals who have agreed to share their skills, knowledge and experience. They act as a guide and support to their mentee in a series of informal one-to-one discussions.
Mentees benefit from having an experienced person who takes the time to listen, explore and discuss specific development needs, be that career planning or expanding a personal network.
In turn, mentors are able to develop their leadership and communication skills through these mentoring partnerships.
The purpose of the GCS Mentoring Programme is to:
- Enable mutual learning and development to take place in supported one-to-one mentoring relationships
- Provide an opportunity for mentees to take responsibility for managing their own career development
- Build capability across the Government Communications Profession
Watch Ministry of Defense colleagues talk about what they think of the GCS mentoring scheme.
- Image credit:
- fizkes/Shutterstock.com (1)