Monitoring and evaluating government communications activity
It is important that we monitor and evaluate all our campaign activities effectively to show how campaigns contribute towards successful policy outcomes, providing clear evidence of impact and value for money.
Effective, iterative monitoring and evaluation will help you to:
- articulate the quantifiable value and benefit of government campaigns and programmes of communications
- provide actionable insight to improve campaigns on an ongoing basis
The GCS Evaluation Cycle provides a flexible framework for measuring success across all communication activities, promoting continuous learning and innovation while integrating best practices for better impact and future planning.
It recommends standard evaluation measures that you can use to:
- develop SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-bound) communication objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- use evaluation to improve the effectiveness of all communication and campaign activity
- share and promote best practice evaluation techniques across GCS
Read the Evaluation Cycle.