Monitoring and evaluating government communications activity
It is important that we monitor and evaluate all our campaign activities effectively to show how campaigns contribute towards successful policy outcomes, providing clear evidence of impact and value for money.
Effective, iterative monitoring and evaluation will help you to:
- articulate the quantifiable value and benefit of government campaigns and programmes of communications
- provide actionable insight to improve campaigns on an ongoing basis
Evaluation Framework 2.0
The Evaluation Framework 2.0 provides a structure for a monitoring and evaluation plan including outputs, out-takes, outcomes and organisational impact.
It recommends standard evaluation measures that you can use to:
- develop SMART communication objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- use evaluation to improve the effectiveness of all communication and campaign activity
- share and promote best practice evaluation techniques across GCS
GCS Strategy and Evaluation Council
The Strategy and Evaluation Council supports GCS to develop, improve and embed best practice approach to planning, delivering and evaluating communications activity.
The GCS Knowledge Hub is a community for all government communicators to share best practice and access useful resources on insight and evaluation.